Ministries and Activities
At St. Peter’s, we love to have fun!
Some of our annual traditions include:
- Crew Dinners where small groups rotate monthly to each others’ homes for food, friendship and fellowship.
- Summer Golf Outings with parish members and their guests playing golf at local courses each month and enjoying a potluck meal afterwards
- Celtic Saint Evening prayer services are held monthly from Fall through Spring.
- Trail Hikes and Birding Walks are scheduled in the spring and summer.
- Annual August “End of Summer – Start of Autumn” Parish Picnic is held the last weekend of August each year.
- Each April on a Sunday we celebrate “Tartan Sunday” with Celtic music and prayer.
- The Annual Christmas Party is a treat for the entire parish.
- Both the women and men of the parish hold an annual fall retreat at the wonderful and spiritual St. Walburga Abbey at Virignia Dale.
- Each spring and fall the Womens’ Group of the parish holds a Wednesday evening Bible Study series.
- In October there is a celebration St. Francis Day with a special “Blessing of the Animals” when parishioners bring there critters to be blessed.
- Annually on New Year’s Eve is held a Eucharist Service with a renewal of wedding vows for married couples.
- Our Rector’s summer picnic at his home as well as an annual Epiphany Party.
- And don’t forget the Easter Sunday egg hunt, the Mother’s Day and Father’s Day celebrations, the summer ice cream social, celebrations of parishioner’s wedding anniversaries, recognition of graduated high school and college students, and more!